Monday, March 28, 2011

My Brother's Keeper


MY BROTHER’S KEEPER
By. Adlin Sarim

I am my brother’s keeper,
It is my soul I wish to keep,
I dream of greener pasture,
Instead I find rubble down my feet.

I dream of unicorn’s peeping behind the wooden windowsill,
Of leprechaun laughing, dancing,
Casting down rain’s of golden shilling
I heard whispers of the devils promise,
But I busied myself with seduction of pain.

I walk a path not many follow,
A promise I was told but not known kept,
A fool, a fool, with bell’s a plenty,
Who am I to fool but my own self?

When in doubt a book I follow
Given through time tested and tested again,
Lies, lies what many follow,
Unholy the union of one’s blind faith

A whisper, a voice, accompanied me through time I know existed,
With great many a miracle shown
Step by step before me along the way,
Ignored I for thinking that I was special,
How could I be when this hand has sinned yet again and again?
  
My Grandma warned me not to go looking for garden fairies,
But tickled I was by those soft wings,
My eyes wide open but am I seeing,
Yet I’m guided; but so lost things seem to me.

Am I my brother’s keeper?
Wish I my soul to keep,
Was dreaming the cause of my problems,
That I, got rubble down my feet.

Faith I had; or was there any?
Funny how this can tickle my bone,
No senses I thought was left any,
By something that was just made of stone.

There was a tale foretold to me,
Of a man and a whale,
In the big blue sea,
Was it obsession that brought this lunacy?
Or was it faith lighting dark seas.

What do I seek, what do I want?
Happiness seems like a myriad of words,
Am I as honest as I think?
When secret’s kept; long to be released.

How long more can I keep this promise?
How much faith left do I have inside me?
Dancing giants I stand fighting,
While my hands are kept empty, no sword, no bow.
A mighty heart keeps fighting.

I am my brother’s keeper,
It is my soul I wish to keep.
A journey’s long I wish for end,
A promise kept a soul repent.

(22nd April 2010)

(c) Copyright by Adlin Sarim 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment